Skilled Employment Discrimination And Labor Law Lawyers
If your career has been harmed by unfair treatment in the workplace, it is important for you to fully understand your rights. An employer cannot discriminate against you or create a hostile work environment.
The fact is, the law is very likely on your side. An employment law attorney who understands protected class issues and puts a premium on service can show you how to ideally work through these issues. If you have an employment contract, have a collective bargaining agreement or work for a public employer, it is almost guaranteed that you are protected from a hostile work environment, unwarranted discipline or termination without just cause.
We at Bashian P.C. are ready to help you ideally pursue your employment goals, whether they are a settlement damage award, appropriate legal treatment by your employer as you return to your job or a transition to similar duties elsewhere.
The Protections The Law Provides For Employees
Individuals in the state of New York have three levels of protection under federal, state and local law. These laws protect individuals from sexual harassment and discrimination against a protected class.
Presently, New York state law provides the following as some of the protected classes: race and color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, military status, domestic violence victim status, arrest or conviction record, and predisposing genetic characteristics. Local laws within the state may provide additional designated protected classes as well.
Our lawyers have successfully represented employees and employers in both civil courts and administrative agencies, including the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, New York State Division of Human Rights and the Westchester County Human Rights Commission.
The Employment Representation We Provide
Our experience readies us to work on nearly any employment law issue, including:
- Discrimination in hiring, promotion, demotion or dismissal on the basis of race, sex, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability and pregnancy
- Sexual harassment
- Wrongful termination
- Hostile work environment
- Whistleblower retaliation
- Libel, slander and defamation
- Wage-hour issues, inaccurate overtime accounting or nonpayment
- Severance packages and noncompete agreements
- FMLA (Family and Medical Leave Act) issues
Contact Our White Plains Office
- Estate, Trust And Accounting Litigation
- Business And Commercial Law And Litigation
- Guardianship And Guardianship Litigation
- Matrimonial Law And Divorce
- Estate Administration – Probate Administration
- Elder Law
- Legal Malpractice
- Real Estate Transactions And Land Use
- Appellate Law
- Employment Law Labor And Discrimination
- Housing Discrimination
- LGBT Legal Matters